Our research program is divided into two main areas: the development of new organic reactions, especially those involving allenes, to facilitate the synthesis of therapeutically important compounds; and, non-metal catalyzed cyclitive additions to alkynes leading to therapeutically valuable heterocycles.
1) Yadavalli, K. P.; Cummines, J. E.; Carlisle, C. J.; Lepore, S. D. Diastereoselective Additions of H-Phosphinates to Alkenyl Ketones Under Phase-Transfer Conditions. ChemComm 2022, 58, 6441 – 6444.
2) Maki, S. L.; Maity, P.; Dougherty, S.; Johns, J.; Lepore, S. D. Allenoate Pre-Nucleophiles: A Triply Diastereoselective Approach to β-Hydroxy Esters Containing All-Carbon α-Quaternary Centers. Org. Lett. 2019, 21, 7952
3) Bollinger, W. L.; St. Germain, E. J.; Maki, S. L.; Sial, N. K.; Lepore, S. D.; Dawson-Scully, K. Resveratrol-Inspired Bridged Bicyclic Compounds: A New Compound Class for the Protection of Synaptic Function from Acute Oxidative Stress. ACS Chem. Neurosci. 2019, 10, 221
4) Nagy, E.; Lepore, S. D. Alkyne Cycloadditions Mediated by Tetrabutylammonium Fluoride: A Unified and Diversifiable Route to Isoxazolines and Pyrazolines. Org. Lett. 2017, 19, 3695
5) Jana, S.; Roy, A.; Lepore, S. D. Diversification Reactions of γ-Silyl Allenyl Esters: Selective Conversion to All-Carbon Quaternary Centers and γ-Allene Dicarbinols. ChemComm 2017, 53, 5125
• University of Rome (La Sapienza) Visiting Professor Fellowship (Fall 2015)
• FAU College of Science Full Professor Researcher of the Year Award (2012)
• FAU College of Science Associate Professor Researcher of the Year (2011)
• FAU Distinguished Science Teacher of the Year (2019, 2009 & 2003)
• FAU Researcher of the Year (2006)
• Associate Editor - Letters in Organic Chemistry (Bentham Science) 2017 - Present
• Grant Reviewer: National Institutes of Health study sections: SBC-A, MDCN, BCMB-N (Pioneer Award)
• Scientific Advisory Board Member - CHS Pharma
• Expert witness for various law firms
• Consultant for ASE Pharmaceuticals, Florida Crystals, Sunol Biomolecular, Unison Pharmaceuticals, and Xcovery. 2003 – Present
• Chief Scientist, Custom Synthesis Incorporated (an FAU spin-out company). 2004 – 2006.
• Chemical Engineer – Delta Environmental Consultants (now Antea USA) Tampa, FL 1991 - 1993.