Our research program is divided into two main areas: the development of new organic reactions to facilitate the synthesis of therapeutically important compounds; and, the design and implementation of ultrafast radiolabeling methods for applications in positron emission tomography (PET).
1) Nagy, E.; Lepore, S. D. Alkyne Cycloadditions Mediated by Tetrabutylammonium Fluoride: A Unified and Diversifiable Route to Isoxazolines and Pyrazolines. Org. Lett. 2017, 19, 3695
2) Jana, S.; Roy, A.; Lepore, S. D. Diversification Reactions of γ-Silyl Allenyl Esters: Selective Conversion to All-Carbon Quaternary Centers and γ-Allene Dicarbinols. ChemComm 2017, 53, 5125
3) Roy, A.; Silvestri, M. A.; Hall, R. A.; Lepore, S. D. Allenyl esters as quenching agents for ruthenium olefin metathesis catalysts. Tetrahedron Lett. 2017, 58, 106
4) St.Germain, E. J.; Horowitz, A.S.; Rucco, D.; Rezler, E. M.; Lepore, S. D. Teaching Experiment To Elucidate a Cation−π Effect in an Alkyne Cycloaddition Reaction and Illustrate Hypothesis-Driven Design of Experiments. J. Chem. Educ. 2017, 94, 240
5) Jana, S.; Al-huniti, M. H.; Yang, B. Y.; Lu, S.; Pike, V. W.; Lepore, S. D. Crown Ether Nucleophilic Catalysts (CENCs): Agents for Enhanced Silicon Radiofluorination. J. Org. Chem. 2017, 82, 2329
• University of Rome (La Sapienza) Visiting Professor Fellowship (Fall 2015)
• FAU College of Science Full Professor Researcher of the Year Award (2012)
• FAU College of Science Associate Professor Researcher of the Year (2011)
• FAU Distinguished Science Teacher of the Year (2009 & 2003)
• FAU Researcher of the Year (2006)
• Associate Editor - Perspectives in Medicinal Chemistry (Libertas Academica) Open access journal. 2006 - Present
• Grant Reviewer: Ad-Hoc National Institutes of Health, SBC-A Study Section
• Scientific Advisory Board Member - CHS Pharma
• Consultant for various law firms
• Consultant for ASE Pharmaceuticals, Florida Crystals, Sunol Biomolecular, Unison Pharmaceuticals, and Xcovery. 2003 – Present
• Chief Scientist, Custom Synthesis Incorporated (an FAU spin-out company). 2004 – 2006.
• Chemical Engineer – Delta Environmental Consultants (now Antea USA) Tampa, FL 1991 - 1993.